Cuisinart is one of the most respected brands of all the cookware manufacturers – and for good reason. They produce simply elegant looking stainless steel cookware at affordable prices and some of the best cookware for glass top stoves.
Our review explains the features of this cookware (that’s induction compatible by the way) and what you can expect in terms of performance and construction.
We’ve also checked out other feedback from people who’ve taken time to rate their overall experience. When thousands of people (yes, thousands) have taken time out to add their comments to Amazon and rate the product we think it’s worth taking notice.
By the way, this article contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
About the product
If you’re after a stainless steel cookware set, the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro is very hard to go past. Why?
Unlike other sets, this one uses triple-ply construction. This means aluminum is sandwiched between the stainless steel interior and brushed stainless steel exterior.
The big benefit of this style of construction is it helps to regulate and distribute heat evenly while cooking.
The manufacturer calls this ‘Heat Surround Technology’. Even heat distribution from all sides means the cookware promotes even cooking and eliminates hot spots.
What We Like
1. If you choose to avoid non-stick products, this set is also for you. (For example if you prefer not to use products like Teflon that’s used on some other cookware)
2. Being able to use this cookware in the oven, up to 550°f saves time and means less mess. You don’t have to transfer your cooking into a baking dish to finish off cooking in the oven. (That’s an extra step and added mess we’re happy to do without.)
3. Convenience – All of the pans are equipped with tapered rims, which makes pouring easy and much less messy.
4. Stainless steel cookware performs well on glass top stoves, electric, gas and is also suitable for induction cooktops. It’s practical and looks great.
5. This cookware set comes with everything any home cook needs in a set. The lids are interchangeable, (not at the same time).
6. The steamer is a good size and fits nicely into the 3 1/2 quart saucepan.
7. The handles stay cool to the touch, even while on the stove. You don’t need to worry about losing your grip on the pan because you need to use large, cumbersome pot holders. It all adds up to better control when handling the hot pans.
We’ve checked across the web for user reviews of this set and the overwhelming majority of consumers left positive reviews on this cookware.
Keep in mind that researching over 4000 user experience reviews finds the overwhelming majority of reports have been positive and rated 5 star which is an impressive record for any product. Here’s the findings.
1. Suggest a good stainless steel cleaner or trying the product with ‘Bar Keepers Friend’. It’s good for restoring products to a ‘like new’ condition. (Note: Always follow the directions of the cookware manufacturer) Baking soda is also effective for cleaning ‘cooked on’ food.
2. Keep pans ‘seasoned’. See method below
These can be minimized with care. Scratches occur with most cookware and we suggest tips to minimise these. For example, when cooking food like potatoes and you’re wanting to mash them, instead of ‘mashing’ in your saucepan transfer potatoes to another dish.
Avoid using metal utensils. Be mindful of the utensils that you use with the cookware. See more below in ‘caring for cookware’.
Caring for Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Cookware
By keeping the pans well ‘seasoned’ and caring for this set you’ll keep it looking good and performing well for you.
1. We suggest using plastic, silicone or wooden utensils. Although you can use metal utensils be aware they will cause surface scratches.
2. Season your cookware. Before the first use: wash, rinse and dry all the pots and pans. Place pans over a medium heat and using a vegetable oil (for example canola, avocado, sunflower or safflower oi) lightly coat the inside of the pan and leave over heat until it smokes. Remove from the heat, let cool and removed the vegetable oil using a paper towel. This process can be used periodically to minimise food sticking.
3. Although the pots and pans are dishwasher safe, over time either if the dishwasher is not well packed, or because of grit from other items, you might find the surfaces of the pans are getting scratched. We suggest by handwashing your cookware you’ll keep them looking and performing their best.
4. When you’re finished cooking, let the pan cool to room temperature before adding soapy water to soak the pan. When you get to clean the pan food will be removed more easily.
5. Don’t use the highest heat temperature setting on cooktop or oven. The cookware is conductive which means it efficiently distributes heat from the bottom up the sides of the cookware. Medium to medium-high is usually enough and medium-high temperature will boil liquid.
If at any time you feel the pans are defective, you can use the manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty. Under this warranty, Cuisinart will replace or repair your pans if there is a problem with the material or the craftsmanship of the pans themselves.
This is well-priced stainless steel cookware that’s suitable for all types of cooking surfaces; glass top stoves, gas, electric, ceramic, halogen and even induction cooktops.
A good choice if you want cookware without non-stick coatings.
The bottom line, when you decide that it’s time for new cookware, we believe Cuisinart Stainless Steel Cookware is a great option. Whether you’re looking for the best cookware for a glass top stove or induction ready cookware this set will serve you well.