Updated July 19 2018
Of all the manufacturers of cookware, Cuisinart is one of the most notable brands and for good reason. Simply elegant looking pots and pans at affordable products that perform well. Some of the best Cuisinart cookware is the Multiclad Pro 12-piece stainless steel cookware set that includes good, practical sized pans. These are among some of the best cookware for glass top stoves as well as induction cooktops.
We’ve chosen this cookware set as worthy of serious consideration for these reasons:
In this review we’ll point out the features of this stainless steel cookware set and what you can expect from this well priced set, including construction, performance and pros and cons. We’ve also taken into account reviews from people who’ve taken their time to rate overall experience. When well over 4,000 people have taken time out to add their comments to Amazon and rate the product we think it’s worth noting for you as well.
About The Product
The Cuisinart Multiclad Pro is just one of the many stainless steel sets available on the market. What makes it stand out from other stainless steel cookware sets is that it features multi-ply construction.
In this case the cookware is made with triple ply construction, which uses an aluminum core sandwiched between the stainless steel interior and the brushed stainless steel exterior. The manufacturer calls this ‘Heat Surround Technology’. Even heat distribution from all sides which means the cookware promotes even cooking and eliminates hot spots.
Notable features of the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12-piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set include:
Being able to use these products in the oven, up to 550°f adds versatility. You don’t have the extra step and added mess transferring your cooking into another baking dish to finish off in the oven.
The steamer is a good size. It fits nicely into the 3 1/2 quart saucepan.
A feature we also like about this cookware is that each piece has tapered rims, which makes pouring easy and much less messy. ‘Cool Grip technology’ means the handles stay cool while on the stove top. This means you don’t have to bother with bulky pot holders.
It all adds up to better control when handling the hot pans.
What Reviews Reveal
We’ve checked across the web reviews of this set and the overwhelming majority of consumers left positive reviews on this cookware.
Pros: ‘The pots and pans look impressive and also the set includes essential pots and pans any home cook needs.’ ‘This is a good set with lids that can fit other pans, ie interchangeable.’
Customers were also very happy with performance and that the pans feature a curved lip that makes pouring food from the cookware easy.
Consumers have also reported that they get a lot of use out of the pans without any hassle. This means that the food they cook doesn’t stick very often, and if it does, it’s really easy to clean the pans.
Cons: At the other end of the review spectrum, there are a handful of people who have left a critical review. The reason mostly is
1. Cleaning: The finish hadn’t stayed the same. We’d suggest a good stainless steel cleaner or trying the product with ‘Bar Keepers Friend’. It’s good for restoring products to a ‘like new’ condition. (Always follow the directions of the manufacturer.) Baking soda is also effective for cleaning ‘cooked on’ food. Keep pans ‘seasoned’. See method below
2. Scratches are another concern. (These can be minimised with care. Scratches occur with most cookware and disappointing when you’re wanting to keep your looking cookware great on your cooktop. There are a few tips we suggest for minimising these. For example, when cooking food like potatoes and wanting to mash them, instead of doing that in your saucepan transfer to another dish. Be mindful of the utensils that you use with the cookware and avoid using metal.
3.There has been a report that when using the larger sauté pan you have to be careful with the heat because the pan can overheat in the center causing the pan to warp. Some have said that their pans took a long time to heat up, whereas others said that there was no heat distribution, which caused their food to cook unevenly and burn in some instances.
Keep in mind that researching over 4000 user experience reviews finds the overwhelming majority of reports have been positive and rated 5 star which is an impressive record for any product.
Of all the stainless steel cookware sets currently available on the market, the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12-piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set is among the best. Why? Unlike other sets, this one uses triple-ply construction where aluminum is sandwiched between stainless steel. This construction is crucial because it helps to regulate and distribute the heat evenly while cooking.
We also like that this set comes with everything any home cook needs in a set. Not only that, but lids are interchangeable, (not at the same time). For added convenience all of the pans are equipped with tapered rims that allow you to pour the contents out of the pan without making a big mess.
These pans feature ‘Cool Grip’ stick handles which remain cool to the touch, even while on the stove. Since they stay cool you never have to worry about losing your grip on the pan because you need to use large (and cumbersome) pot holders.
If you prefer to stay away from (or have questions in your mind) about non-stick products that are used on other cookware (for example Teflon) this set is also for you.
By keeping the pans well ‘seasoned’ and caring for this set you’ll keep it looking good and performing well for you.
Tips on how to care for Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Cookware
1. We suggest using plastic, silicone or wooden utensils. Although you can use metal utensils be aware they will cause surface scratches.
2. Season your cookware. Before first use wash, rinse and dry all the pots and pans. Place pan over a medium heat and using a vegetable oil (for example canola, avocado, sunflower or safflower oi) lightly coat the inside of the pan and leave over heat until it smokes. Remove from the heat, let cool and removed the vegetable oil using a paper towel. This process can be used periodically to minimise sticking of food.
3. The pots and pans are dishwasher safe. However over time either if the dishwasher is not well packed, or because of grit from other items you might find the surface is getting scratched. We suggest by handwashing your cookware you’ll keep them looking and performing their best.
4. When you’re finished cooking, let the pan cool to room temperature before adding soapy water to soak the pan. When you get to clean the pan food will be removed more easily
5. Don’t use the highest heat temperature setting on cooktop or oven. The cookware is conductive which means it efficiently distributes heat from the bottom up the sides of the cookware. Medium to medium-high is usually enough and medium-high temperature will boil liquid.
If at any time you feel the pans are defective, you can use their limited lifetime warranty. Under this warranty, Cuisinart will replace or repair your pans if there is a problem with the material or the craftsmanship of the pans themselves.
The bottom line is when you decide that it’s time for new cookware, we believe the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12-piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set is a great option. Whether you’re looking for the best cookware for a glass top stove or for an induction stove top this cookware will serve you well. Click on the link below to find the best price.