Commercial grade stainless steel coupled with impact bonded technology make this Duxtop induction cookware durable and suitable for all cooktops. This versatile, comprehensive set consists of 17 useful pieces.
Lots to love about this range including the measurement range inside the pots. And for less than $250 you can buy a complete quality Duxtop stainless steel cookware set that sets you up perfectly. Simply move between cooktop, fridge and oven for convenient, time-saving cooking.
Not only is the brushed finish stylish, but more importantly, the cookware performs well.
We’ve checked out the features of the Duxtop SSIB-17 Professional 17 piece stainless steel cookware set, both pros and cons, and show why it deserves to be on our list of best induction cookware and may be the perfect choice for you.
This is what you get
About the Product
Cooking like a professional is easier than ever with the ranges of budget friendly stainless steel cookware sets on the market. The Duxtop 17-piece stainless steel induction cookware set is a prime example.
Perfect for induction cooking, it features ‘impact-bonded technology’ that gives top-quality results. Simply explained, aluminium has been added between layers of commercial grade stainless steel on the base. The acts as an efficient heat conductor and gives the cookware the ability to distribute heat evenly. To the cook, this means no hot spots and even cooking.
You’ll find the cookware has been designed with creative cooks in mind and also allows you to tackle the more complicated recipes easily. Move effortlessly between cooktop, oven and fridge without a problem.
Features of Duxtop Induction Cookware
A lot of thought has gone into this cookware design.
Suitable for induction cooking but can also be used on a variety of other cooktops, such as gas stoves, infrared, ceramic and glass cooktops. This makes it incredibly versatile and a wonderful addition to any home cook’s kitchen. You don’t need to change your cookware if you change your cooktop in the future.
The cooking surface makes the pans easy to clean because it isn’t going to react negatively with food. Even cooking with acidic foods doesn’t negatively impact the surface.
The handles on each of the pans are ergonomically shaped and riveted so that they’re easy to hold while you pour food from the pans.
And importantly, the aluminum encapsulated bottom ensures the heat is evenly distributed throughout the pan, preventing hotspots and promoting even cooking.
What we Like
Any self-proclaimed chef understands the importance of having a high-quality cookware set. Although high quality sets may be more expensive, they’re well worth the investment if you want consistently good results.
The Duxtop 17 piece stainless steel induction set is cookware that’s especially designed for induction cooking, but is well-suited for other types of cooking surfaces. The base of these pots and pans is made from a heavy gauge, impact bonded aluminum that eliminates hot spots while cooking. Your food cooks evenly without burning.
- If you like a heavier weighted pan these should be a good choice for you.
The reason they’re a little heavier is because of the technology used. Firstly the aluminium core in the encapsulated base is heavier and secondly Duxtop uses impact bonding which results in the cookware being a little heavier. The weight works very well on induction cooktops.
- Note: If you prefer a lighter weight Cuisinart may be a better choice.
Note: It’s important to remember that this set is not non-stick cookware, which means you will need to ‘season’ the cookware and use either vegetable oil, butter or non-stick cooking spray.
We think that this stainless steel cookware set provides great value. It’s a complete package with several saucepans, a casserole pan, stock pot, frying pans, lids, a boiler and a steamer basket, as well as 3 cooking utensils.
Overview of what other people who have purchased and use this product have to say about their overall experience.
With over 700 people taking time to review the product independently and 80% rating it 5 star and another 10% 4 star it’s a top choice in anyone’s book. Not surprisingly the vast majority have nothing but positive feedback.
It’s important to ‘season’ your cookware before first use. See care instructions below
When you’re ready to step away from the hand-me-down pots and pans you may have collected throughout the years, you can’t go wrong with the Duxtop Induction Cookware. And did I mention 17 pieces priced under $250?
It’s good to know that the manufacturer stands by their product with a lifetime limited warranty. That’s your backup should you experience any problems. How awesome is that for value?
1. Season you cookware: Before first use wash, rinse and dry all the pots and pans. Place pan over a medium heat and lightly coat the inside of the pan using a vegetable oil (for example canola, avocado, sunflower or safflower oi) and leave over heat until it smokes. Remove and let the pan completely cool, then wipe with a paper towel. This process can be repeated as necessary to minimise sticking of food.
2. Don’t use the highest temperature setting on your cooktop or oven. The cookware is conductive which means heat is efficiently distributed from the bottom up the sides of the cookware. Medium to medium-high is usually enough. Note medium-high temperature will boil liquid.
3. We prefer using plastic, silicone or wooden utensils. Even though you can use metal utensils they will cause surface scratches.
4. The Duxtop SSIB professional pots and pans are dishwasher safe. However we suggest by handwashing your cookware you’ll keep them looking and performing their best for longer,
5. When you’re finished cooking, let the pan cool to room temperature before adding soapy water to soak the pan. When you get to clean the pan you’ll find it easier.